Monday, 2 August 2010

Doing things

For quite some time now I have been flailing somewhat, searching for a sense of belonging to something, anything, to give me some groundedness and some perspective.

I'm over it, and I feel it's time to do something productive about it. I'm over feeling frustrated that my life is not where I imagined it would be, that essentially I've had to begin from scratch, again.

I'm going to make a point of trying to do more things. But I'm not going to make this epically difficult for myself, or unattainable, and so I'm going to space it out somewhat.

I'm going to do something every week. Just one thing. Not necessarily new, not necessarily amazing or impressive, but something.

Since I am a blank canvass ready to be filled with life's rich pleasures I'm going to start filling. Some will fail, some will succeed and some will be mediocre. I can't wait!

Today I was reading magazines, I love reading magazines as I am quite creative and find myself feeling inspired looking through their pages. I saw some fantastic things that in turn stirred loads of ideas in my head. This week I'm going to knit something with pom poms.

As I wrote that line I must admit I felt a little twinge of fear. What if I don't? Well, if I don't I don't but oh it'll be lovely to get the ol' needles out again and make something.

And of course, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. how did you go with doing one new thing? It is amazing where the weeks go without us noticing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Holly! Sorry it's taken me a while to respond to your comment.
    I will post some pics of what I've been doing, actually not as much as I was planning - ie the 1 thing a week, but I have been quite busy.
    I made a pom pom string for my jacket, with red pom poms, and I have also been mending lots of clothes. I recently bought a whole heap of sample sale items, some of which were damaged, so mostly mending those things, as well as the pom poms!
    :)

    ReplyDelete