Monday, 10 October 2011

Brave new venture

There is absolutely a time and a place for things that come unopened in shrink wrap, all shiny new and unused. But there is something undeniably lovely about something old that comes wrapped in brown paper and tied with string. It's the story that comes with it, the character.

There is also something lovely about not discarding these things, but rather passing them around somehow, for others to enjoy. In any event new things all come from somewhere, the overall mass of our world can't be increasing (it's science!), and we can't make things from nothing.

A good friend of mine got a new set of saucepans, but she couldn't bear to throw away her smallest copper-bottomed saucepan. It had been her Nan's, when she'd been alive, and she didn't feel right about throwing it away. So I’m taking care of it for her. Now, whenever I boil water for a cup of tea in that copper-bottomed saucepan I think of my friend's Nan, and it's lovely (and they really don't make saucepans the way they used to!).

I have recently started my own business, Beautiful Life by Design. I hand pick vintage pieces, and I also hand make hanging artwork.

My pieces are simple, aesthetically appealing and easy on the eye. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

If you would like to know more check out the Beautiful Life by Design website, or the Beautiful Life by Design online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment