Monday, 19 December 2011

A very merry Christmas

The days leading up to Christmas are crazy, hectic, exciting, stressful, fattening, and completely exhausting, but there is something magical about the atmosphere around this time of year. Over the weekend I spent a lot of time meandering around shops doing my Christmas shopping. It was just lovely. Everything was bustling, and there was a buzz of excitement in the air. At night time buskers are out in full force, there are people everywhere, and the city is dotted with fairy lights and hanging lanterns.

Everyone is busily thinking of presents to buy loved ones, trying to plan and shop for Christmas day menus...and looking forward to some time off.

This year I am particularly enjoying my Christmas. Being happily installed in my new home, surrounded by the most amazing family and friends, and looking forward to an exciting new year.

After having walked around Fitzroy and Collingwood on Saturday, and all the city on Sunday, yesterday my feet felt like they were going to fall off, but I had a little buzz of happy contentment deap inside. This year I've lovely gifts for everyone, a wonderful Christmas day with my beautiful boyfriend and my family to look forward to, some time off, and (unusually for this time of year) 2 weddings to attend.

I've got everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment