Thursday, 12 July 2012

Music takes me there

A few days ago I put a CD on that I hadn't listened to in a while.

Immediately it took me back to a really, really happy time in my life a few years back. The feeling was so vivid, it was almost like reliving it. It took me back to when I had a newfound sense of freedom, and a release from a life that I found oppressive in many ways, and one that caused me a lot of pain. It was a time in my life when I lived in a really wonderful apartment, and it was just my own. I was meeting new people, making new friends and new connections. It was a time in my life where I would return from work feeling happy. I would put this CD on in my CD player and play along on my bass guitar (terribly, but nonetheless). I would sing, and dance around in my apartment and feel happy and alive and hopeful - something before that I had not felt for a very long time.

Sometimes I would sit out on my balcony and feel so, so happy that tears would just spill out of my eyes.

I still have glimpses of that feeling from time to time, when I have little reflective moments back to my life before.

And then I just feel so grateful. Grateful of my life now, with all it's lumps and bumps. Grateful of everyone in my life - the people I've really chosen to surround myself with. Grateful for hope, and love, and happiness.

And, of course, grateful for music - something that can immediately transport me back to a feeling so vividly. After all, you can choose which CD you put in the CD player!

No comments:

Post a Comment