Thursday, 12 July 2012

TED.com: my first 30-day challenge

I am a huge fan of TED.com.

I recently came into possession of a car (for the first time in years! see my previous post here). Anyway, my darling boyfriend helped me set up a phone dock and an AUX cable in my new car so I can listen to music through my sound system strait from my phone (how handy is that? I call him 'Technological Man'). I can also download podcasts and listen to those. Or listen to episodes of Frasier (another favourite of mine).

I digress, apologies.

Lately I have been so addicted to listening to talks on TED.com. I was listening to one this morning, Matt Cutts: Try something new for 30 days - a really wonderful talk (and not very long), I really recommend having a listen.

Cutts makes this really great point that has just stuck in my mind: the next 30 days are going to pass whether you like it or not, why not do something new?

So...why not?!

Cutts kicks off his set of 30 day challenges with a picture challenge, take at least 1 picture a day for 30 days. I've had an idea kicking around in my head for the past year or so - it's a bit more involved than 1 picture a day for 30 days, it's more like 1 picture a day for 1 year, of the same place (to see the seasons changing). Whilst I will leave that challenge for another day (just at the moment), I'm going to set myself Cutts' original challenge, to take 1 picture a day for 30 days in a row. It's been a while since I took regular photos. And I miss it. To borrow his line, "what am I waiting for?!!"

Okay so it's not exactly new-new (for me anyway), but it'll be something different in my recent habits. And Instagram will get a work out, which is always fun.

Wish me luck!

xx

Day 1
Taken with Instagram [ichbin_mr]

Spinning top

Dinner, Hunky Dory on Chapel Street, South Yarra

No comments:

Post a Comment