Thursday, 18 October 2012

We love Brene Brown

Have you heard of Brene Brown?

If not, click here for her website, and you MUST listen to these talks by her on TED.com (we LOVE TED.com) on:
  1. The power of vulnerability, and
  2. Listening to shame 
(in that order too).

She is an incredibly compassionate and passionate woman who has spent the past decade studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame (refer to the bio on her website for more).

It is extremely intruiging research, and I find myself quite drawn to it.

Imagine my excitement to discover (I can't believe it took me so long) that she has written, not one, not two, but three books! Hellooooo Amazon.com!

The thing I love most about her research and the results that she speaks about, is that an essential part of happiness is shame and vulnerability.

It seems so simple, but it is something I had personally struggled with my entire life. Until quite recently, that is. I'm learning to accept myself warts and all (though not literally), and love my life as it is. Shame, vulnerability, and all.

We love Brene Brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment