Monday, 3 February 2014

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

A friend of mine and I recently watched a movie together, "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World".

It's a great movie. And there's this great line in it.

[Partial spoiler alert!]
"But it isn't enough time."
"It never would have been."
I love that. That feeling that you get with a person. When there simply isn't enough time in the world to do and share all the stuff you want to with them.

It can be rare. But so worth holding out for, and for all sorts of relationships (not just the obvious kind).

There is something truly beautiful about the longing or the craving to see and talk with those people. It can be hard missing them too, but it sort of makes seeing them all the more worth while.

I have a few people in my life that I feel that way about. It simultaneously sucks and rocks. But I'm glad to have found it. I wouldn't trade it. I'm glad to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment